Each year, the Mayor and his/her administration prepare and submit the proposed annual budget ordinance to the City Council no later than its first regular meeting in May.
- Moving forward with pay increases for Atlanta firefighters (including the Aviation Fire Division) that meet or exceed recommendations by the Mercer pay and class study a year ahead of schedule;
- Funding to hire additional police officers;
- Vital wage increases for frontline staff members including corrections officers, 311 agents, AIM critical hires, ATLDOT and DPR frontline employees;
- Providing a cost-of-living adjustment for all other City employees;
- Investments to expand operations for At-Promise Youth Centers;
- Additional $500,000 in grant funding for arts and culture;
- Investments to ensure the proper maintenance of aging public safety facilities;
- Substantial investments in parks and greenspaces; and
- Technology infrastructure upgrades.